Friday, April 18, 2008

UPDATE: Polyphemus Moth Eggs

I am sorry to say that our moth eggs had a bad end. A few days ago, Mark and I were surprised to find that the eggs had hatched and we had tiny little larva crawling all over the box they were in and all over the books and papers next to the box. We tried to round them all up and put them into an insect house that we previously used for hatching butterflies. Then we went around gathering leaves that were supposed to be their favorite. They seemed to like the leaves; so we had hopes that they would grow and eventually go into their cocoons and hatch as the beautiful Polyphemus moth.

Well, last night we had to go and pick up Mark at the airport. He was just returning from the Together For The Gospel conference. While we were waiting at the airport a huge storm blew through our city and neighborhood. When we arrived home our insect house was nowhere to be seen. We searched the yard with a flashlight, but found nothing. Today we will have to scout the neighborhood and see if we can find any clues about our missing larva.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm sorry! I hope you find them and that all is well.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.